Learn to Love Yourself

Thursday, January 1, 2015

MY YEAR IN REVIEW

My Year In Review....

This past year has been one Rollercoaster Ride, for me & my family. January 1, 2014, we were on the road driving from Philadelphia, PA to Austin, TX. I was at the bottom with my addiction. Using every day, spending obscene amounts of money every day. My fiancé gave me an ultimatum, move or he leaves. So, January 1, 2014, we packed our SUV with clothes, our son's video games and toys, 2 chihuahuas, 2 cats and left. We didn't have even $2,000 for the trip (gas, food, hotels). But we made it, somehow, to my sister's home in Spicewood, TX.

Those 4 days of driving, I thought about using....but it wasn't until we reached our destination that I started freaking out, (in my head). "Where was I going to get my stuff?"

REALITY SET IN!

This was the deal I made with my fiancé. To move and stop using. We tried detox, rehabs, nothing could help. We were hoping the move would at least get us far enough away to where I'd get some forced clean time. We thought if I could get enough time, (even forced) I'd remember how it feels to be clean. Everything was fine until April 24, 2014....which It told you about previously in "Struggle".

I don't remember the first time I picked up in Texas, but I do know I almost repeated the same pattern I had in PA. Almost. I caught myself this time. YES, MY LIFE BECAME UNMANAGEABLE & YES, I WAS POWERLESS OVER MY ADDICTION, but this time I was at a point where I could stop, or so I thought. It took me going back to PA to get away from the substance that roams the area I live in down South. Since I've been back, I've picked up twice. Yes I said twice. Today, I stopped calling Janey and went my own way. I've been upset ever since. 

So now I have a new date,  January 2, 2015. And I only pray that this is my last date. I told you I would be brutally honest. And I will keep that promise. Even if it means more humiliation. I'm not doing this for anyone but me. I'd rather have people talk behind my back, but be clean, then people thinking I'm clean and secretly killing myself. 

I didn't start off the year the greatest, but it doesn't mean the year will be bad. Last year I was definitely worse off.  So if I've made an improvement, even small, that's good enough for me.

(Names have been changed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment